Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection Review and Swatches

Since I am a bit of a Mad Men nut, and a vintage makeup nut, I needed this collection: a cream blush in "Evening Rose" and a lipstick in "Cherry" in gorgeous, special edition vintage Estee Lauder inspired packaging.

The lipstick is tiny, but exquisitely elegant in old-fashioned metal packaging. The color is a reddish-pink, with a shiny, slightly sheer texture (somewhat similar to a MAC Lustre finish I'd say) and the staying power was about to expected from such a texture; in other words, not great. It wore away in the center, leaving an outline around the rest of my lips. I used no lipliner because that would do no one any good.

The blush is better, I'd say. It's housed in what looks like a small vintage compact; the clasp is a lovely blue jewel. The texture is very soft, lighter than a Stila Convertible Color, for instance. I had great color payoff, for both the swatch and on my cheeks. The color is a warm rose-pink. I'd say there's the tiniest touch of coral, but the overall color is a rosy-pink. It was pretty buildable color, but blended well into the skin. I genuinely loved it, but I'm a sucker for blush, and it has pretty much everything I like in a blush.










Other products used: Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Porcelain, Benefit Eye Bright under the eyes, Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze" layered with both shades from NARS Kalahari duo, MAC Fluidline in Avenue, Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara, MAC Lingering Eye Brows and Brow Set in Beguile, and Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder. It was a quick and dirty look, so I apologize for my hair. Not that it's all that worse than usual.
Oh, and I guess if I'm going to post reviews, I should probably give the disclaimer that all products were purchased (or were a BI Perk from Sephora, like the mascara). I have received nothing from PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment